Monday, November 21, 2011

Take Charge of Your Health!

Thanks so much for tuning in to my series, 5 Keys to getting Your Life in Perspective!  
Now we're going to address taking charge of your HEALTH!

During the past year I had to take control and get my health back! How did I do it?

It started when I LISTENED to what my doctor said, "Your serum cortisol level is through the roof! Expect to burn out and self destruct if something doesn't change." Well that's an attention getter! So if I self-destruct, what's left?
Where do you go from there?

You change something! The first thing I did was to examine my sources of stress and time. Operating my business helped people, I loved it, and it fed my family the most nutritious food in the city, yet it was leading to my demise and robbing me of precious family time.
So I brought in some help...

Then I made time to exercise regularly, sleep adequately, finish writing my cookbook and devotional, then relocated to Southern California to spend more time with my family...
But then came the unexpected...
I couldn't find a job! Yikes, I didn't sign up for that epic source of stress and depression! I felt useless, unworthy, and began to lose hope. Have you ever felt that way? Many events in life happen that we don't sign up for, however, the good news is that such episodes take us where we are today, into the future on a new path. Was it meant to be?
Where would I go from here? While I couldn't find a job, I decided, like years ago with the farm stand, I could CREATE a job that centered on my passion for health. This time it would be about optimal BRAIN HEALTH!

Then I found this program the Daniel Plan www.danielplan.com and volunteered by starting an online group. It was everything I had been teaching for years, all in one place with weekly lessons and helpful resources! And it's FREE! It was so simple...eat food in its most natural form, organic, exercise regularly, sleep enough, lose bad habits, and balance yourself mentally, physically, and spiritually. I've been saying this for years...now I just hook people up here (you can start any time), volunteer, and save all that time! Treat your body like the custom high performance machine that it is because you only get one!
Well I knew what to do, but did not always take the time to do it...Is this you?

I had to make up my mind...and neurofeedback helped me to focus my time and energy. This training relieved an underlying anxiety that compelled me to work all the time, kept me up at night, and left my mind spinning out of control like a high speed blender! I learned to take control of my own thought life in order focus with clarity and make it through a day with peace of mind. I made it a priority and guess what? I feel better, look better, am stronger, and more productive! I'll probably live longer and better! Latest report is the doctor told me I couldn't have a heart attack if I tried!

Time is precious, you never know how long you have on this earth. This time last year I got hit by a truck! I didn't sign up for that either! Don't take ANYTHING for granted. Appreciate every bone and muscle in your body. Appreciate your mind and your abilities...take care of yourself and you will be better able to take care of others...

Now here lies the next key...we can CARE for others, but not CONTROL them!
"If it is to be...it's up to me" I was driving myself crazy trying to influence others, including my family members. When does that go too far? When it crosses over the line into control...
We are obliged to do 100% of our part, while allowing others do their part. I have so much energy that it's a full time job to control myself, let alone my children, friends, or husband! Simply gaining control of yourself is empowering stuff... What an improvement over that feeling of helplessness, don't you think?

How did I get control over my emotions and feelings?
It wasn't just one thing I needed to learn...stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment