Thanks for hanging in there with my series, 5
Keys to getting Your Life in Perspective.
covered a lot of ground!
Now for the final episode: Part 2 of Key#5: Getting Our Influences Into Perspective
Are you a FOUNTAIN or a DRAIN?
I love this message from my favorite book, Phil. 4:8 Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable-- if anything is excellent or praiseworthy-think about such things. Whatever you have learned or received or heard from me, or seen in me-put it into practice. And the God of peace will be with you.
This looks like a PROMISE! Think about good stuff, put it into practice, and peace will come.
Sign me up!!!
Real quick, here are just a few things we can do to put it into practice, or be a positive INFLUENCE on society:
- Share your gifts and talents with others by volunteering, teaching, or coaching.
- Choose to share your mistakes and lessons learned. I heard a lot of this at AA meetings and it encouraged me tremendously!
- Vote and support your favorite political candidates.
- Conserve and recycle to protect/influence the environment.
- Here's one I say to my kids, "Stay out of trouble!" Like, don't get into it and don't go looking for it!
Just do 100% of your part, having the peace of mind knowing you did what you could!
That, too, is empowering opposed to, "What if?" Yes, sometimes, maybe often, things don't work out, but rest assured, you CAN exercise control of your part and that is really all any of us can or is expected to do.
I bet you can think of things to add to this list, I'd love to hear from you!
To get life in perspective, I can control my:
Is it possible I left something off my list of 5 Keys To Getting Your Life In Perspective?
Well keeping these 5 plates in the air has been quite enough to juggle! Maintaining their balance is a full time effort, yet the rewards are great. Really, if you have anything to add, I'd love to hear from you. If you missed any of these key messages they can be found on my blog http://edgeneurofitness.blogspot.com/