Monday, November 7, 2011

Keys To Getting Your Life In Perspective

Do you ever feel like your life is out of control?
Do you get overwhelmed or in over your head?
Do you sometimes just "lose it" or ask, "What happened?"

Often this results from trying too hard...trying to control things that are beyond our control or from not addressing issues that we really can take charge of!

Oh, the keys lie in wisdom and serenity. Remember the serenity prayer?

God grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change;
courage to change the things I can;
and wisdom to know the difference.

Imagine a remote control...wouldn't it be nice if we had one for life? Not just for the TV, but one in which we could simply push buttons and have things go our way? Years ago, in a movie called Bedazzled, Brendan Fraser played such a character who sold his soul to the devil in return for seven wishes for anything to go his way. It didn't work out so well for him. Neither would it for us!

The point is, we all have our own "control" buttons...
Now imagine YOUR buttons. These would be buttons for what you HAVE control over...
You don't have buttons for the other things! Of course, modern science is always pushing the envelope with technology...LOL but it only goes so far!

Now let's take a look at our control buttons...

I sat down one day in utter frustration and began to outline the things in life I COULD control, also the things in life that I COULD NOT CONTROL! This outline provided a clear perspective of how I could get a grip on my overwhelmed little self!

My gift to you is this series on How to Get Your Life In Perspective!
I found that by taking charge of these  KEY THINGS in life,
I was empowered, unencumbered, and able to embrace life with a fresh, new perspective.
And I'm willing to share it with you!

First, let's take a brief (as in we won't dwell on it!) look at some of the things we CANNOT control:

*Other people
*The economy
*Family members
*Other people's business and businesses
*The weather and natural disasters...We can be prepared, but do not worry, obsess, or try to control!
*The government and leadership (We can serve, but not control!)
*What other people think
*What other people say about us
*Whether or not someone hires us or a family member (not everyone can get that job!)

Ok, now put that stuff on the shelf...
Let these things go and surrender them...
Cast your cares...and hold onto your hat,
Because in the next post I'm going to GIVE YOU some stuff to think about 

that will send the wind flying through your hair!

No comments:

Post a Comment